- Mountain Area Workforce Development through Land of Sky Regional Council for Buncombe, Henderson, Madison, Transylvania .
- Southwestern North Carolina Planning and Economic Development Commission for Cherokee, Clay, Graham, Haywood, Jackson, Macon, and Swain, the 17 municipalities therein, and the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians .
- Isothermal Planning & Development Commission for McDowell, Polk and Rutherford Counties.
- High Country Council of Governments for Avery, Mitchell, Yancey Counties.
- Western Piedmont Council of Governments for Burke County.
Non-profit assistance and CARES Act: Find help applying for relief funds here, with tips from the Independent Sector, an organization serving nonprofits
Going Forward: Best Practices and Consideration for Nonprofit Re-Engagement: A no-profit guide to help organizations design procedures and plans to return to work and re-engage with the public.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Response in North Carolina (NC DHHS). You’ll find the latest information from our state government about assistance, regulations, webinars, and more, including:
NC Unemployment Insurance. Find information about state and federal unemployment benefits, including updates on the expanded benefits through the CARES Act.
Help for NC Small Businesses. Look here for financial support, unemployment insurance information, and tax updates.
COVID-19 Dashboard. Get updates on outbreaks, hospital beds, and breakdowns on infection rates by race and gender.
Resources for Families
NC Remote Learning: Access lessons and activities by age and grade, plus tips for talking with kids about the virus
Wide Open Schools: Schools are closed. Minds are open. Find more resources here from top educational providers, presented by Common Sense Media.
Due to low Census 2020 response rates, Drew Christy, with the Governor’s office shared that our region stands to lose around $17.5M in federal funding for critical services such as schools, roads, and fire departments.
Ranked in % responses in the State (of 100 Counties):
- Henderson County is ranked 26th
- Buncombe County is ranked 36th
- Madison County is ranked 70th
- Transylvania County is ranked 77th
Potential loss in funding per County:
- Henderson (60% response rate) – $5 million
- Buncombe (57% response rate) – $12 million
- Madison (49% response rate) – $100,000-$250,000
- Transylvania (47% response rate) – $100,000-$250,000