Our Role in Western North Carolina
WNC Bridge Foundation has been proudly serving the people of Western North Carolina for over 15 years. We are a community-based charity providing direct support to individuals and grants to carefully selected non-profits throughout the region who are working every day to eliminate the barriers in our communities that prevent our neighbors from reaching their full potential.
Our goal is simple: to be a catalyst for positive change throughout the 18 counties of WNC initially focusing on the areas of emergency wellness, elder care and youth development. We believe the greatest way we can accomplish this is by empowering non-profits throughout the region to eliminate barriers that prevent any person from reaching their full potential. Through these strong community partnerships, we can connect caring people with experienced non-profits, like MountainCare, to have the strongest impact in WNC and create real and lasting change. WNC Bridge Foundation is is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization; contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
To provide funds to assist in meeting the health challenges of people in the communities of Western North Carolina and to empower non-profits to impact individual and community wellness in those communities.
To be a catalyst for change in Western North Carolina by eliminating barriers that prevent individuals from reaching their full potential.
- Collaboration | We believe it is necessary for communities, organizations and individuals to work together to overcome regional issues and eliminate inequities.
- Excellence | We are focused on results and encourage innovation that produces positive, measurable outcomes in the present and for the future.
- Equality | We work to create access to health, education and economic opportunity that allows all WNC residents to thrive.
- Optimism | We truly believe that, by working together with the people and organizations of Western North Carolina, we can drive lasting change in the areas of greatest need.
- Openness | We operate with transparency, encouraging dialogue among non-profit organizations and the communities we serve to build trust and understanding.
- Action | We understand that change only happens when dedicated people convert good intentions into concrete, measurable realities.