WNC Bridge Foundation recognizes there are many WNC non-profit organizations whose good works have limited options to turn to for quick funding decisions. NOW Grants address this gap in our region. Through this fund, WNC Bridge will award grants up to $7,500. The application process is low-stress and simple, with a quick turnaround time for funding decisions.
Based on feedback from past NOW Grant recipients, WNC Bridge will prioritize awarding full award amounts to deserving organizations. Please note this will make NOW Grants more competitive than in years past.
For NOW Grant application questions or to sign up for grant updates email email@example.com or call 828.274.6159.
What We Will Fund:
Organizations must demonstrate that the bulk of their work is aligned with the following strategic focus areas:
- Mental Health: Children’s mental health, maternal mental health (pre/post-natal), family mental health.
- Basic Needs: Providing basic needs to underserved individuals with an emphasis on healthcare, home repair, reliable transportation, access to healthy, prepared food.
- Youth Development: academic support for K-12 students, child welfare, family support.
Who We Will Fund:
- Organizations must be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Organizations addressing the needs of individuals in the 18 counties and Qualla Boundary of WNC
- Organizations primarily addressing the needs of individuals and families experiencing poverty
- Preference will be given to:
What We Will Not Fund:
- Athletic Booster or Youth Sport Programs
- Capital projects such as building repair, renovations, new building construction, or land purchase
- WNC Bridge Foundation’s 2022-2024 IMPACT Capacity Building Grant Recipients or other current multi-year grant recipients
Instructions to Apply for a NOW Grant:
- Applications are due on the 15th of each month. Organizations will be notified the last week of each month of funding decisions.
- If the request is for equipment or professional development, please include an estimate or invoice.
- Organizations can only apply for a NOW Grant once per year.
- If you are a school or university, NOW Grant applications should be completed by your organization’s foundation. Only one NOW Grant can be awarded to an individual school/university per year.