We are committed to the people of WNC and to meeting the health challenges that face our region. We believe a crucial component of our mission is to ensure our communities have exceptional healthcare workers. We achieve this by:
- Providing $1,500 scholarships each year to deserving high school seniors in the 18 counties of WNC who are pursuing health-related occupations and have been identified by their teachers as having the potential to make a significant impact in the healthcare field. View 2023 Scholarship Recipients.
- Supporting instruction in higher learning, including UNC Asheville and AB-Tech, through scholarship support to students majoring in pre-professional fields as well as resources to retain faculty who are experts in their field, in order to train the next generation of healthcare professionals.
WNC Bridge Foundation Health Scholarship Instructions for Health Science Teachers Instructions:
Our scholarship process is closed and will reopen in January 2024. The following items must also be uploaded using our online portal:
- Consent and Release Form
- Senior Portrait of student (to be used in marketing materials for WNC Bridge)
- Short biography of student
- Academic/career plans of student
Online via credit card by filling out the secure form below.
By check: checks should be made payable to “WNC Bridge Foundation” and note “Health Scholarships” in the memo line. Mail to 294 Overlook Rd, Asheville NC 28803.
Financial information about WNC Bridge Foundation and a copy of our license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 919.814.5400. The license is not an endorsement by the State.