Drums & Dragons
Drums & Dragons is WNC Bridge Foundation’s premier fundraising event and has raised over $136,000, benefitting local area non-profits in Western North Carolina since its inception in 2017. This one-of-a kind event has built a reputation of not only being a day of fun for the whole family but is also known as a unique team-building experience enjoyed by many local businesses and non-profits in our community.
Dragon boat racing is open to all skill levels, and a team consists of 20 paddlers, a drummer, and a steerer, all paddling to cross the finish line faster than their competition. Dragon boat racing is a team sport that emphasizes synchronization and endurance that people of all ages and abilities can enjoy.
Click here to learn more about volunteer opportunities for Drums & Dragons.
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines for Drums & Dragons:
- Masks will be required on shuttles taking attendees from the parking areas into Lake Julian Park.
- Temperatures will be taken before boarding shuttle, at gate for walk-in spectators, and before the first race for paddlers.
- While masks are not required in outdoor areas or on the dragon boats, they are always encouraged.
- Life jackets will be sanitized before races. Paddlers may also bring their own life jackets.
- A wellness area will be located at the event providing free masks, hand sanitizer, and gloves.
- Handwashing is recommended throughout the day. Handwashing stations with running water and soap will be located near the dock area, where Lake Julian’s restrooms are also located (another great spot to clean those hands).
Thanks to our 2021 Sponsors